HETAS Access to Solid Fuel Course (H003 + H006)
This course is for candidates who wish to install, service and maintain solid fuel appliances, but have had little exposure to the industry, or candidates who think they would benefit from a more practical course. Upon successful completion of the course a training certificate (H003 and H006) is awarded enabling the candidate to apply for registration with HETAS on the competent person registration scheme.
You need at least one of the following:
- Demonstrable, appropriate previous work experience on dry stove installation
- Transferable skills, practical experience and knowledge via portfolio
- OFTEC technician with scope of work categories 101,102 or 105e
- Registered Gas Safe operative with work categories CCN1 and HTR1
- Registered member of GOMCS, APICS or NACS
- Health and safety elements; manual Handling / tool box talk / risk assessment examples
- Understanding quotation and estimates and contractual obligations
- Installation, commissioning and servicing of dry appliances including open fires, stoves, cookers and independent solid fuel and wood boilers. Both theory and enhanced practical aspects are covered
- English building regulations including document J and document L
- How chimneys and flues function
- Fault diagnosis and solution finding
- Different fuel types and characteristics
- Evidence towards a work portfolio: complete installations, survey, measure up and material takeâ€off for hearth and stove, utilisation of both flexible stainless liner and Twin Wall chimney systems.
- HETAS H003 + H006 multiple choice exams, desk based and practical activities
Duration and Cost
£1,300.00 + VAT
Accommodation is offered on a Bed & Breakfast basis, we have two hotel options; The Mill hotel in Sudbury town and Stoke by Nayland Resort in Stoke by Nayland.
The Mill Hotel £77.00 PPPN + VAT
Stoke by Nayland Resort £84.00 PPPN + VAT
To send us an enquiry click here